The terms and conditions that guide my relationship with clients with regards to my graphic and web design work.
1. Quotation: Request for a quote from client do not amount to any contract between client and me. I reserve the right to either respond or not to such request. Quote given by me in response to a client's request is simply an offer, and as such, is not binding on both parties unless accepted and approved by the parties through one of the means specified in the document.
2. Contractual Agreement: Client's acceptance of quote and approval of work to commence shall be deemed a contractual agreement between the 'Client' and me. Acceptance of quote and approval of work to commence can be either through an email confirming back the quote (with the original quote document attached as evidence) or through the original quote document being signed by the client or her authorized representative.
3. Payment: Even when client has accepted the quote and given approval for work to commence, work shall not commence unless the agreed upfront payment specified on the quote document has been paid in full by client. Subsequent payment shall be made in line with the schedule contained in the quote document.
4. Content: It is the responsibility of client to provide me the content (written text, images, video, etc) that makes up the design work, unless otherwise agreed upon. Where client cannot provide the needed content, expert can be hired on behalf of client to produce needed content provided the client agrees to pay for the extra service. With the approval of client to bear the cost, I may use stock images and graphics purchased from stock libraries in the design work where necessary.
5. Supplied Materials: Any material supplied by a client for the purpose of the design work remains the property of the client. It is also assumed that all the materials supplied by client for the purpose of the design work belong to the client, and therefore, do not infringe any copyright law.
6. Domain Name and Web Hosting: Domain name registration and web hosting for client are not part of my design work. I can register domain name and/or acquire web hosting service on behalf of my client provided the client agrees to settle the associated cost. Note: I shall not transfer any domain name and/or web hosting acquired on behalf of client to the client until all related payments are settled in full.
7. Maintenance: Maintenance services are not covered by default in the initial estimate, and therefore, I do not offer maintenance services unless otherwise provided for with a separate estimate.
8. Technical Support: I shall offer a six(6) months free technical support for bugs and errors after project delivery, provided the project files and are not modified by client or a third party. I shall not offer support for bugs and errors that arise as a result of server, software, application, operating system, browser downgrade or upgrade, or as a result of factors not directly related to deficiency from my end.
9. Copyright: The content provided by client remains the property of the client, and therefore, the content copyright rest with the client. On the other hand, I retain the copyright of the 'design', the source codes and artworks used on the project, unless otherwise agreed. The client is not allowed to transfer any of these materials without my consent.
10. Acceptance: Approval of work to commence indicates that the client accepts the terms and conditions on this page.
11. Modifications: I reserve the right to change the terms and conditions on this page at any time; though, agreements signed prior to the updates in this agreement remains unaffected. I will post any changes here, so be sure to check back periodically.